IBM LTO Ultrium Generation 5 media is designed to deliver exceptional capacity and reliability at a lower cost per GB than other types of storage medium. Cartridge capacity of up to 3 TB (at 2:1 compression) helps reduce the number of cartridges and the amount of equipment, space and labor associated with tape-based storage. In addition, it helps reduce the time associated with backup and restore operations by reducing the amount of cartridge handling, further lowering operational costs.
- High capacity tape cartridge.
- WORM capability.
- Distinguishable cartridge colors.
- Adherence to Linear Tape-Open standard.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Media partitioning capability.
- Dual-partition capability.
- Rigorous testing and optimization.
- Multiple cartridge model and label options.